A Vehicle

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Dear Friends and Family, 

The last two years have been some of the most exciting times in my life.  I have been working full-time at a Maternity Center in Port au Prince, Haiti with Heartline Ministries.  The work is intense and rewarding and exactly why I went to Midwifery school.  I love what I get to do.

The last two years have flown by and I’ve come to know Haiti as home. I often get asked, “What is your time commitment? How long do you plan to stay in Haiti?”  I don’t know. I don’t have any definite answers to give. I don’t have a time commitment or an end date, because when you’re home, you don’t usually plan to leave.  I am not planning to leave. What I do know is that I couldn’t have dreamed up a better place to live and work. The mission of Heartline’s Maternity Center matches my heart and passion for women in the developing world and I’m honored to be a part of loving and caring for moms and babies in Haiti. 

Because I have put down roots in Haiti and consider this home there are a few things I need to stop procrastinating about. One of those things is purchasing a vehicle. A reliable vehicle is very important in Haiti. I have borrowed and shared and found ways to get around up until now, but at this point I need autonomy and independence of owning my own vehicle here in Haiti. 

The cost for a reliable vehicle, licensing, and insurance will be between $18,000-$20,000USD.
 I need to raise these funds to purchase a vehicle here.  

Will you help me purchase a vehicle?  

If you are able to give towards the purchase of a vehicle, you can click here to give online. Please note that your donation is for the vehicle fund. All gifts are tax deductible. 

You can also give by mailing a check and specifying your donation for Beth Johnson’s vehicle fund. Checks can be made out and mailed to: 

Heartline Ministries
PO Box 898 
Sunnyside, WA 98944

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at beth.johnson@heartlineministries.org 

Thank you for your love, prayers, and support!

Grace and peace, 

Beth Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground