A List

Sunday, January 19, 2014




I’m thankful, the deep eucharisteo kind.  I have more to write on a grace gifts list than I have time to put here. 

I arrived here Friday afternoon, on time. Thankful. 
 
My jam packed bags did burst at 32,000 feet cruising altitude. That would have been the biggest mess of coconut oil, protein powder and cheese American Airlines has ever seen.  Graces.

I actually remembered Creole and could speak to Theodore in the airport. I guess all the mental Creole reciting I’ve been doing over the past month was successful!  A gift. 

I was met at the airport by a familiar face. Thankful.
 
Warm sunshine and cool breeze. A gift…one I’ve been looking forward to since I set foot in the land of the FREEZING a month ago.  

I arrived at the Maternity Center, lovingly greeted by sweet friends who make this feel like home.  Graces.
Dinner with the other midwife Beth, catching up on life here over the past month. Thankful. 

Unpacking my bags and finding sweet notes filled with memories, encouragement and good laughs from my Texas family. A gift. 

Sweet sleep, waking refreshed. Graces.
 
A cool morning walk with my roomie. Thankful.

Worship, refreshment for my soul.  Grace. 

Afternoon with friends. A gift

Watering the garden that started as seed such a short time ago and being encouraged by its growth.  Thankful.
 
Technology, connecting with friends, family, and sisters. Graces.

It has been a very quiet few days at the maternity center since I arrived. There have been no babies born since the year rolled into 2014. We wait...knowing a long stretch of no birth activity, though a gift at times, will likely end with the flood gates opening.  This week may end up being a flurry of activity, filled with moments that make up the journey of our lives or it may be a week of gentle routine. Who knows. Either way, all is grace.

Thankful for each of you

Leaving you with some captured moments. 







 

2 comments:

  1. Savor each moment. They go by so quickly. Thanking God with you. Praying for you! ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground